A Matter of Balance: Group D (Thursdays, September 28th – November 16th)
September 28, 2023 @ 9:00 am – November 16, 2023 @ 11:00 am
Falls are the leading cause of injury and hospitalization for trauma — as well as trauma-related death — among older adults. If you are 65 or older, have had a fall in the past year, or live alone, this workshop provides information on keeping balance, the causes of falls, and dangers to look out for. Topics covered include:
• Simple and fun balance and strength training
• The role that vision plays in keeping your balance
• How medications can contribute to falls
• What to look for in safe footwear
• How to eliminate fall hazards in your home
We meet virtually for 2 hours every week in small groups for 8 weeks.
You must have reliable internet access, a computer with a web camera, microphone and speaker to allow for videoconferencing. If you are not able to attend A Matter of Balance virtual please register for a in person class.
Class 01 – Sept 28
Class 02 – Oct 5
Class 03 – Oct 12
Class 04 – Oct 19
Class 05 – Oct 26
Class 06 – Nov 2
Class 07 – Nov 9
Class 08 – Nov 16
For more information, please contact Stormont Vail Health’s Injury Prevention Coordinator at (785) 354-5117 or email [email protected].
Reserve your spot
Virtual meeting via Zoom. Link will be emailed to participants.
• Is 65 or older
• Has had a fall in the past year or is fearful of falling
• Lives at home or in independent living
• Does not have dementia
• Does not use a walker or wheelchair full time
• Can commit to attending each session